Pages

01 February, 2009

The Tale of Despereaux


Ohh how much i love this warm morning in sunday. got my sweet cookies for my sweet tooth, a warm vanilla milk and great book in my hand... ahh what a perfect day. just start to read the book and fall in love already with the cover ( ok you got me, i'm a "cover picker" use to be i pick a book by its cover ) its "The Tale of Despereaux" by Kate DiCamillo. trust me its not an ordinary book

the story is about a castle little mouse named desperaux Tiling who's being different since the day he was born he was born with an open eyes which is a strange thing in mouse world. he's body is so small but with big ears. ..and that little poor thing is falling in love with beautiful musics, beautiful stories and deeply in love with princess Pia.

also about a bad rat named Roscuro who's living and surrounded with darkness his whole life, but then he was spellbound by the beauty and facination of light. his love of light causes him do some big mistake.

and also about Miggery Sow a slow-witted maid girl with simple wish and yet impossible. she just lived in hope to be a princess.

i believe the rest of story is gonna be marvelous, i hope its not have a sad ending. ..... guess i'm gonna continue reading now... byeeee....

14 comments:

yiqin; said...

I love mornings like this too! Good books are the best!

paanie said...

sounds like a great book. i need to pick it up sometime.

evita nuh said...

@yiqin : yes it is the best!! :D

evita nuh said...

@xs : whoaa i really think you should :D its unordinary book... :D

Dheyzhere said...

Hey..hey..Thx for commenting back on my blog..
I love ur blog..very cute content..^_^
Aku anak UI..hehe
Gitarnya cm bwt properti aj ko..hehe..

I'm not much as a reader..you have a pretty big book to read there..

hope we can keep commenting on each other's blog then..

Luv ya..
Dhea

Putri Erdisa Januarti said...

waa lokk like a great book. maytbe i should have it. ;)
and is it english or indonesian book, dear, just want to know how good your english really are. :P
well, i'm drooling for looking your sweet cookies. hehehe. :)

Josette said...

I liked this book too but my book cover is different from yours. Mine doesn't have the brown border at the side.

Ooh, I didn't really like Ruscuro. He's scary!

Here's my review.

evita nuh said...

@ kak dhea : the pleasure is all mine kak :D... waw thank you :), we will :D i love reading your blog sist :D

evita nuh said...

@ kak erdisa : it is! the story is somehow remind me with story from Hans Christian Andersen ( gloomy kindda story... ), its indonesian kak, but i think i'm gonna try the english version.

evita nuh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
evita nuh said...

@ sist josette : really? i think it have different version of cover for every country..

and i'm agree! roscuro is bad bad rat! and i just read your review its so much better than mine :D

Inan Nadya Junus said...

I read it too :) great story I think.
I recommend you to read Philip Pullman books, it's great too :)

evita nuh said...

yay he is great! I love Golden compass! :D

tri tamado said...

dear Evita..
I just knew about your blog...
And I'm falling in love...
I'm a teacher...and I recommend your blog to my students.. Thank You..
Speaking of Kate Dicamillo, you should read the miraculous journey of Edward Tulane. Highly Recommended...
xoxo

 
Blogger design by jellyjellybeans.blogspot.com.com